Every so often it makes sense to whip up a list of things that fill me with a sense of gratitude. These are on the top of today’s list.
1) I am glad my dentist is not Dr. Orly Taitz, the queen of the birthers who lives in a meaningless and irrational world totally of her own making.
2) I am grateful that it wasn’t at all hip to get a tattoo when I was in my teens.
3) I am happy that no one I know is selling Tupperware at home parties any more.
4) I am very grateful that someone else dug up the garden and all I need to do is figure out what to plant.
5) I’m so pleased that my wallet was on the floor of my car rather than left on the counter at Starbucks.
6) And – I’m thankful that I will never have to call Goodwill to haul away a commemorative refrigerator.